David interviews his client and locally famous Venice Artist Robin Murez at Venice Ball Park, a Venice park she designed and created. This small open green space is located on Ocean Avenue, between South Venice Boulevard and Mildred Avenue, in Venice California.
While locals are shopping at the Venice Farmer’s Market today, David finds Robin at the Ball Park across the street with her neighbors, and they are weeding the public space. Interestingly, this activity of maintaining the public space now and helping spearhead the park space then (which took some time) are both prime examples of Robin’s long-standing history of public art and community involvement.
While Venice locals and tourists wonder about the area, especially around Abbot Kinney Boulevard, they will discover Robin’s public art in the neighborhood. And upon studying it a bit more closely they will find she blends her creative ideas for public sculptures and the rich history of the neighborhood together regularly (and she routinely honors the rich history of Venice Beach and the Venice Canals, and its pioneer developer Abbot Kinney in her work).
Her current project for the public is the Venice Carousel which will be located basically across the street at the Venice Library and the Venice of America Centennial Park. Contact Robin for more information about that project and how you might be able to sponsor and help fund the completion of that project.
Robin hired David and his real estate team, Beach Canyon (a Venice real estate team), to exclusively market and sell her beautiful home at 2408 Cloy Avenue, Venice, CA 90291. That home, nicknamed “Good Vibes” by Beach Canyon, is located in one of Venice’s best kept secret neighborhoods, the Silver Triangle. One of the primary ways of entering this neighborhood, is via Mildred by either hugging a left turn around the Ball Park, or by taking a right turn around Tesuque Village Market.
Thanks for listening! We would love to know your thoughts and find out how we can improve. If you have any comments or questions, then please let us know. And the best appreciation is by spreading the word about this podcast. David Bramante is a Venice CA Realtor. Additional notes:
- Artist Robin Murez: www.VenicePublicArt.com
- The Venice / Vernon Tigers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Tigers
- The Venice Silver Triangle: https://www.streetadvisor.com/silver-triangle-los-angeles-los-angeles-county-california
- Beach Canyon, Venice Real Estate – www.BeachCanyon.com
- Beach Canyon – 2408 Cloy Avenue: www.BeachCanyon.com/2408-cloy
- Venice Carousel: http://www.lincolnandrose.com/home/meet-the-artist-determined-to-build-a-venice-beach-carousel
- Venice Farmer’s Market website: www.VeniceFarmersMarket.com
- Tesuque Village Market: www.Yelp.com/biz/tesuque-village-market-los-angeles
Thanks for listening! Please let us know if you have any feedback and thanks for spreading the word about this podcast. For more information about David, visit www.DavidBramante.com.